Back with another update for you and this one feels different. And it's all because of that NCAA bracket preview show that occurred Sunday. I had my top 16 ready to go before I watched the show and needless to say, the committee and myself did not agree.
But since their work matters, I changed my top 16 to reflect what they had since my job is to project what they will do. Might as well cheat and use their work right? But there some significant differences between my top 16 and their top 16. So while this bracket is done, it's not one I fond of because I don't agree with some of their rankings.
But since their work matters, I changed my top 16 to reflect what they had since my job is to project what they will do. Might as well cheat and use their work right? But there some significant differences between my top 16 and their top 16. So while this bracket is done, it's not one I fond of because I don't agree with some of their rankings.
MY PROJECTED FIELD OF 68
(changes in italics)
LOCKS: Added 7 new teams from the last update. Again, not the order I would put them but for now, willing to put them in the order the committee sees it now.
These are in order so you know how I rank these teams right now.
These are in order so you know how I rank these teams right now.

LOCKS (27): Virginia, Villanova, Xavier, Purdue, Auburn, Kansas, Duke, Cincinnati, Clemson, Texas Tech, Michigan State, North Carolina, Tennessee, Ohio State, Arizona, Oklahoma, Gonzaga, Rhode Island, West Virginia, Saint Mary's, Texas A&M, Arizona State, Wichita State, Kentucky, Alabama, Creighton, Seton Hall
AUTOS: This group is all about the projected conference tournament champions. Obviously, I'm not dissecting the resume of each team in these conferences. Instead, I just go to standings and more times than not, pick the first place team and stick them here. Won't see a ton of changes here week-to-week until the conference tournaments begin.
Teams that have clinched their berth will appear in bold
AUTOS (23): America East - Vermont, Atlantic Sun - Florida Gulf Coast, Big Sky - Montana, Big South - UNC-Asheville, Big West - UCSB, Colonial - Charleston, Conference-USA - Middle Tennessee, Horizon - Northern Kentucky, Ivy - Harvard, MAAC - Rider, MAC - Buffalo, MEAC - North Carolina A&T, Missouri Valley - Loyola-Chicago, Mountain West - Nevada, Northeast - Wagner, Ohio Valley - Belmont, Patriot - Bucknell, Southern - East Tennesse State, Southland - Nicholls, SWAC - Grambling, Summit - South Dakota State, Sun Belt - Louisiana, WAC - New Mexico State
AT-LARGE: Down to just 18 spots in this group. First half should feel solid about their spots but with 27 days left, wouldn't get too comfortable. Kudos to Houston and Virginia Tech for jumping in to the group.
These are in order, so the last four teams will be playing in the "First Four" in Dayton.
These are in order, so the last four teams will be playing in the "First Four" in Dayton.
AT-LARGE (18): Florida, Missouri, Michigan, Arkansas, Miami (FL), Butler, Syracuse, Louisville, TCU, Virginia Tech, Florida State, Washington, Houston, UCLA, Providence, USC, Nebraska, Kansas StateBUBBLE WATCH
BUBBLE: This actually isn't a big bubble. It's normally a lot larger at this point. That makes my job fairly easy but lot of games left for some not even on my radar to work their way back onto the bubble.
These are in order, so to figure out the first teams out, head to the final team from the AT-LARGE category and look for all the teams behind them.
BUBBLE (33): Florida, Missouri, Nevada, Michigan, Arkansas, Miami (FL), Butler, Syracuse, Louisville, TCU, Virginia Tech, Florida State, Washington, Middle Tennessee Houston, UCLA, Providence, USC, Nebraska, Kansas State, Boise State, NC State, St. Bonaventure, Mississippi State, Temple, Utah, Penn State, Western Kentucky, Loyola-Chicago, Georgia, Marquette, Oklahoma State, Maryland
These are in order, so to figure out the first teams out, head to the final team from the AT-LARGE category and look for all the teams behind them.
BUBBLE (33): Florida, Missouri, Nevada, Michigan, Arkansas, Miami (FL), Butler, Syracuse, Louisville, TCU, Virginia Tech, Florida State, Washington, Middle Tennessee Houston, UCLA, Providence, USC, Nebraska, Kansas State, Boise State, NC State, St. Bonaventure, Mississippi State, Temple, Utah, Penn State, Western Kentucky, Loyola-Chicago, Georgia, Marquette, Oklahoma State, Maryland
SEEDING
CONFERENCE BREAKDOWN
ACC (9), SEC (8), Big 12 (7), Big East (6), Big Ten (5), Pac-12 (5), American (2), West Coast (2)
CONFERENCE BREAKDOWN
ACC (9), SEC (8), Big 12 (7), Big East (6), Big Ten (5), Pac-12 (5), American (2), West Coast (2)


No comments:
Post a Comment